Tuesday, December 4, 2007

This and That

Before you read on, watch the video below (if you're wondering why my videos are not good quality it's because I'm using my cell phone to video until Sony comes up with a driver that will work with Windows Vista). I posted this video because I thought you'd like to see what our homeschool days usually look like....

yeah right! The reason I even videoed this was because there was a block of time for about 2 minutes when I sighed and said, "Ahhh" if only our family school room were always this peaceful. I won't be able to post a video of what it's really like because I'm too busy running circles around the table helping each kid and putting out fires. Either Alton is waiting on me for a spelling test or needs help pronouncing a word in Latin, or Alayna needs help reading a word in her instructions for her math worksheet, or Avery needs help with his "school work" which is playing with Play Doh in his highchair every single morning. He insists on being seated there and "working" like his big bro and sis. This works out pretty well, except that he wants to switch colors about every three minutes! We don't mix the colors at our house, but maybe we should now that I think about it because then they would all be that ugly brown color and he wouldn't care about switching! That is just our morning routine. The kids work on the things they can do themselves...sort of. In the afternoon while Avery is napping is when I do lessons. I really can't expect him to behave during our study of Colonial America, or sentence diagramming.


No comments: