Sunday, May 25, 2008

Our Last Week Here


Well, I can't say we've been bored. We're very excited to get into our new home, and so time seems to be passing slowly in that respect, but we've had so much going on and to get done, that we've been busier than we like.


Rob's graduation went off without a hitch. He practically ran across the stage. I don't have any pictures, because I spent the time in the overflow room with the kids watching it all on a big screen. I managed to keep wiggly Avery on my lap the whole time, though not with out a lot of effort and diversions. Judging from what I could here, there were several other Moms that were less prudent inside the auditorium. There was much screaming and crying through it.


Friday we drove to our new home and had our walk through. We discovered that our property line actually goes pretty far back into a wooded area. Funny, because we thought it ended where the trees began. Now we can have the best of both worlds; our house on a wide open space like I need, and a little forest for the kids to play in like they've grown to love here. This has pretty much put our plans for a fence on hold. The lot is almost a half acre. It didn't look so big, but now with that extra part, we're not sure what we'll do.


Saturday we spent the morning at a track meet for kids. Yes, we forced our children to do it, but they simply don't seem to run around a lot on their own. Alayna did a 6yr old race (1 lap around the track). Alton and Alayna did a siblings race together (1 lap each) and Alton and Rob did a Father Son race (1 lap each). They ended up enjoying it, although Alayna was discouraged that she didn't win a trophy. I told her the food was all that mattered, which is why I race. I also told them they were winners because nobody walked and nobody cried (our main hope). The announcer said that the government or someone like that suggests that 9 year olds should be able to run a mile! Yikes. I don't think Alton could make it around more than twice. We didn't enter him in that race. There were about 30 kids and all of them ran it in under 8 minutes! The winner ran it in 6:25! That is amazing!


What else have the kids been up to, well here's a little snippet.
Lately, they use the video camera more than I do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Incredible acting skills.....and the kids were really good too.

PaPa