Tuesday, November 6, 2007

S-m-i-l-e


"It isn't any trouble just to s-m-i-l-e" are words heard regularly around our house because it's a song on a CD that Avery and Alayna love to listen to while playing trains up in Avery's room. Rob recently added legs to the rolling table he made for Alton when we bought him the train set several years ago. Now that he's added the legs and the kids can actually stand up to play, they use it constantly; Well Alayna and Avery anyway.


I could hear the song playing away through the monitor this morning as I was in the kitchen working on breakfast. "So if your having trouble it will vanish like a bubble if you'll only take a moment just to s-m-i-l-e. Alayna had finished her chore pack early and was delighted to have some free moments. She soon came down though and asked me if it were true. "Is what true?" "That if I smile at you when you're mad at me it will vanish like a bubble?" A mental picture of this immediately flashed in my mind and when I got done laughing, I told her that the song actually just means that if you have a good attitude, then things will go better for you. She seemed disappointed as though I had burst her bubble.


We only did a half day of school today. We'll be hitting two fall fest events. One at Rob's school from three to 5pm and then one at church from 6-8:30. I doubt we'll stay long at the second one. Alton is Batman, Alayna is Sleeping Beauty, and Avery is a hand-me-down Frog.

No comments: