Sunday, January 6, 2008

Ahhh...Sundays

Sundays are our family's favorite day. Right this very minute the children are happily watching Funniest Home Videos which is tradition on Sunday nights at our house.

The day always starts out a little hectic. I have to be at church at 7:30am for Praise Team and Rob has to leave with all three kids ready for church at 8:30am It is always interesting to me that I can do everything but put on Avery's clothes and somehow Rob is still late... sometimes very late. This morning started with me giving a lecture on the ills of arriving late at church and how I get three kids ready to go everyday and still arrive on time at the gym each morning at 8am.

Today was especially nice because for the first time Rob was in the sanctuary seated right at 8:30am. I was impressed. Now that I know it's possible though, look out. After church we usually head home and lunch on something I throw in the crockpot. On really special Sundays however, we head to a local buffet, which we did today.

After that, it's home for naps. Everyone gets in their pajamas for the rest of the day (in the winter). Alton and Alayna have quiet time in their rooms while Rob, Avery, and I catch up on all the sleep we missed during the week. After naps it's family wrestling match on the bed. I usually do not participate in this activity as someone needs to be there to console whoever ends up getting hurt which is usually Alayna or Avery.

We soon move on to a light dinner of a yummy smoothie secretly packed with as many leaves of Kale as I can dare to cover up with vanilla and almond flavor.

Tonight we had a little extra time after dinner. The stereo in the living room got turned on and there was plenty of dancing. Avery in particular can really bust some moves. We do our family devotions early on Sundays because out here, TV shows come on really late. Soon after Funniest, it's off to bed for the kids. Rob and I spend the rest of the evening reading or getting ready for the next day. Probably boring to some, but treasured time to us!

No comments: