Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bloggonit!

Okay, so I'm not keeping up with my blogathon sister and sister-in-law. It's certainly not for lack of things to write about. The problem is, actually having time lately.

For example here is how today went and what we're expecting for the weekend.

Woke up late at 6:15. Worked on speed cleaning the house.
7:30am Rob calls me outside to show me the huge mess the neighborhood bear made of our trash for the second time this week.
8:15am My friend Anne calls and says that because of the Sniper on the Loose, school has been cancelled for the day. She had a flight out of town in the afternoon and her husband couldn't take off work. Sure, they can come over, but wait until after lunch.
9:15am off to Wal-Mart, Sam's, Whole Foods, and to get gas.
12:00pm home again and quickly put up groceries and fix lunch.
1:30pm Grandma Mary and Grandpa Bob arrive for the weekend.
2:00pm Katie and Ellie are on my doorstep, Anne is waving bye while backing out of my driveway to rush and catch her flight. I don't need to describe the mayhem of five children over the next 4 1/2 hours.
6:30 the girls' Dad arrives and I serve dinner to 10 people. Thankfully, Grandma Mary helped
whip something up to go with my tacos.
7:30pm Straighten the house and take a 15 min nap.
8:30pm Kids to bed and start on my to do list for tomorrow.

And the rest of our weekend?

Friday, take kids to Children's Musuem downtown with Grandma and Grandpa so I can count a day of school. At 4:30pm is Alton's 9th birthday party at our house.

Saturday, the Charlottesville 10-miler. My first 10 mile race which I've been training for for 5 months now. Did I mention I'm 3 months pregnant? That evening a birthday cookout for our neighbor's little girl is Avery's best friend.

Sunday, run up to D.C. to look for houses again. If we don't make a bid on one before April 1st. then banks are now requiring 15% down.

So hang in there with me and hopefully, you see blogs more often after this weekend...maybe even with pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Traci -

I have been reading your blog. I've heard you were back to my stompping ground!! Hey, my husband and I are looking at buying a bank home too. If you need some tips, lets talk (Funruh@aol.com). It's amazing how much these homeowners destroy their homes when they are loosing them. Congrats on Baby #4!!

Take care,
Jamie

Anonymous said...

Whew! I'm tired just reading it!

Congrats on the new baby to be. That's very exciting!

Tricia said...

I am exhausted just reading your post....Totally makes me feel like a looser!!! Your totally super mom!!!