Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm Back!

The last ten days things have been well, completely insane. I think it is my consequence for publishing a blog entry about hum drum days because they quickly dissapated right after that blog.

It all started with a weekend trip to our next location to look for a home. To say it was a frustrating experience just doesn't do it justice. Yes, house prices are going down and there are many foreclosures to choose from, but somehow it seems odd that for the amount of money we will be spending that our final choice for a home came down to two foreclosures, one we'll call the urine house because somebody must have shut up 20 dogs or cats in that house over a weekend to get back at the bank, and then number two house is the the foreclosure turned rental that doesn't need near the work, but we only spent about four minutes in because there were like 20 people living in it spread all over the house, in every room and some sleeping on the beds. There was also about a 400 lb occupant working on a souped up lime green car out in the front yard. We came out very traumatized and had marked it off our list. That was in the early idealistic stage of our search. We have bid on that one first and are now waiting to see if our offer is accepted. If not, we move on to the urine home.

That was the weekend. We came back to the busiest week we've had since living here. It's Rob's writing week and he has to finish his scholarly paper by tomorrow at 5pm It's going pretty well except for the 250 citations he is required to shorten. They had to be written the long way for his first draft and now he is required to shorten and abbreviate all of them. As I write this, he is currently alternating between lying in the fetal position on our bedroom floor moaning, "I loathe this paper" and doing push-ups to get his blood moving again.

I haven't been much help for him because I was gone every single night this week and will be tomorrow night as well. I've never done that not even in years. Our church Easter musical ran Fri, Sat, and today. Practices were Tues and Thurs. I would've dropped out, but I accepted a solo a long time ago and didn't want to flake. Wednesday night I had to go shopping with one of my military spouse running buddies because I agreed to host Bunko with her almost nine months ago. It is tomorrow night and will have a St. Patrick's Day theme. I have had all the green I can handle already.

Saturday morning I ran 10 1/2 miles with my running club. The race is in two weeks and so I can't really miss any opportunites to practice.

My kids have been watching a ton of videos and my house is trashed. This does not help my mental state. This blog is a splurge because I should be working on lesson plans for the kids' school this week. Maybe I'll pull an all-nighter with Rob...maybe not.

No comments: