Monday, March 3, 2008

Prince Avery and some Hum Drum Days

Here is Alayna giving Avery the royal treatment. A snack and a wagon ride. They play really well together when they aren't fighting....And that's about the only excitement we've got going on here lately.
Life on cruise control can be a good thing I know. But recently, I've felt like I am driving down the same road day in and day out. All our days are the same, with little break in our routine. It's making me really restless too. Lately, I am itching to get out of this house and go somewhere...anywhere! Today, Alayna read the story of Frog and Toad, and I was completely empathizing with Toad who kept eagerly looking around corners for spring. Spring never seemed to be around any corner that he looked.
I'm stuck in a strange kind of limbo life. Living somewhere for just one year can be a challenge. You can't really throw yourself into church, the community, etc...because well, you're leaving soon and it takes some doing once you've attached yourself to a place to then again unattach yourself. As a military wife, I've become an expert at this. One of the coping skills I've developed (as I think most army wives do), is to invest myself less in a location the shorter the time I'm there. For me however, being involved in things only half-heartedly leaves me wandering aimlessly. I still miss where we came from and am not particularly excited about where we're going and then here I am hanging somewhere in between these two lives in yet a different location!
Okay well, after that spontaneous pity party, I realize that Rob at least, had something very exciting happen to him today. He was sworn into the Supreme Court. This means he could technically practice in front of the Supreme Court. While that is not likely to happen, it's still cool! Basically, it's something else to hang on the wall in his office. Afterwards, there was a reception with a few of the Supreme Court Justices. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience. I may have pictures later. They wouldn't allow them in the Court room for security purposes, but there should be some other pictures from the event floating around soon.

No comments: