Friday, May 9, 2008

Blogging on a Friday Night



Why you ask? Because Rob is out at a Dining In, which is actually a short name for many officers getting dressed up in their Blues, leaving their spouses behind, eating a large dinner, consuming copious amounts of alcohol and then doing ridiculous things such as body surfing across tables and who know what else and it is all a sanctioned and ceremonial event. Attendance is mandatory.
Was my husband looking forward to this event? No. He had to stress over his uniform for many hours until I pushed him out the door (his pins look straight don't they? He has to use a ruler and measure to the cm to make sure they're in the proper place). And frankly, he doesn't enjoy being around drunk people. Being loud and obnoxious and working a room, just aren't his thing. If we get to go to an event together, I work the room and that has always gone well. Tonight, he's on his own. I expect him home sometime after midnight where I'll get the full report.
In the meantime, I get some much appreciated alone time. I've endured a couple of ridiculous predicaments this week, one of which was today, when I totally bit it in a parking lot while holding Avery. The baby fared the best of the three of us. I stopped my fall with my one free hand and Avery. Poor guy got a nice bump on the concrete and I have some lovely skinned knees and hands like I haven't had since I was a kid, but the every enlarging belly didn't take a hit.
The other ridiculous thing that happened was at IHOP on "Kid's Eat Free" Night which is about the only way we can go out to eat. Anyway, for some insane reason, I've started drinking regular old coffee which I have never had the inclination to do. A Starbucks fluffed up something is usually my limit. I asked for decaf and they bring you the whole pitcher or whatever you call that thing, carafe, I don't know. Having gluttonous tendencies that night, I drank the whole thing. I am a trusting individual, and never did it occur to me that someone at IHOP could make a mistake and bring me regular caffienated coffee. At 4:30am that night when I was still bug eyed and wide awake having not slept a wink the entire night, it dawned on me, that I had had a little caffiene. Apparently, I had so much that after the 2 1/2 hours of sleep I did get that night, I was able to get up feeling fine and went the whole day without a nap until 11pm that night! Yikes! I can only hope baby is okay. He/she seemed to stay up the whole night with me kicking and wiggling. Maybe babies in utero just do that anyway.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ACK! Are you ok? Falling when you're preggers? You poor thing!

Tricia said...

You poor thing!! Glad the baby bump was ok though. I try to make a very conscience effort when I serve coffee at Juniper that I always hold the Regular in my Right hand and decaf in the left....The other night a drank some soda right before bed (not to sure why I did this) and about 2:30am I was rarring to go!!

Anonymous said...

Moving Tip - looking for some used boxes? Go to Usedcardboardboxes.com - their moving packs come with markers, tape, tape dispensers and packing paper delivered right to your door.