Friday, June 20, 2008

Settling In

House on the hill.

It seems things have slowed down just a bit. Rob's parents were here during Avery's hospital stay and were a huge help with Alton and Alayna while Rob and I were with Avery. Now this week, my Mom has been here, and we've actually been getting things done around the house. She tends to tackle the boxes and unpacked areas that Rob and I just stare at because we don't know what to do with it or it seems too daunting to tackle.


We've had a little time for fun too. Today we'll take a subway ride and do some shopping before putting Mom back on a plane to go home. Since she has a much better camera than I do, here's a few pictures. This is of our backyard. We thought our property line stopped at the trees, but then learned on the day of closing, that it actually goes way back into the woods; really cool for the kids. Rob will clean out a lot of the underbrush and they will have the woods they learned to love at our last place. I like trees, but far away from my house so no windows are blocked. This is the perfect set up.


So far, we basically have our culdesac to ourselves. There will be one more house built next door to us, and one on the corner. It's provided a great place for the kids to ride bikes, or hit tennis balls around.



Here you can see the front of the house which so turned me off at first. The inside makes up for it however, and hey, I kind of like watching the kids play from my perch at the top of the stairs.




The staircase...and three kids.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house looks so beautiful! I love all the brick!!

Tricia said...

Your house is great!! Love the back yard!! Hope your getting settled and hopefully there won't anymore drama....atleast until the new one comes along : )

Stefunkc said...

Hi there! Beth just told me about your blog so I've been catching up. Nice to see your precious family:<)