Thursday, July 24, 2008

Backyard Mysteries

Okay, so here are a few backyard wonders and I'm hoping someone reading this can help.


First off, Rob and I were excited to find a healthy looking fruit tree at Home Depot Clearanced for $15. Since I plan to line the whole south fence line with fruit trees, I didn't care that the reason it was probably still in the store was because it had no label as to what kind of fruit it will produce. Take a look at the picture and if you can identify it, please let me know.


Secondly, I would like to know what the name of this "weed" is growing on the edge of our woods. It is making such pretty flowers. I'm tempted to dig it up and put it in my front flower beds.
And lastly, I'm not expecting an answer to this. While I love this house, it seems you can always find something you would change. There are three things that bug me at this house; the placement of the cable outlets, the two oddly placed hanging light fixtures in my eat-in kitchen, and the seemingly random and impractical positioning of our water spicket. Now I realize what probably happened is that this particular side of the house was supposed to be underground when designed, but couldn't they have moved it down a little? I have to stand on that little blue cooler to turn the water on and off. Being 7 months pregnant, I am not so graceful at it.


Oh well, if you can identify the two things growing in my backyard, please comment. I would love to know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It kinda looks like an apple tree. We have an apple tree that has branches like that. Splayed to the left and right. But I'm not good at naming trees, I just think it looks alot like yours!

Anonymous said...

DO NOT stand on that little blue cooler again while pregnant!

Your Mother.

Anonymous said...

Possible an apple tree. You might try letting us see the leaves closer. No clue on the flower but I've seen them before.

Mom

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Definitely listen to your mother first of all. I can't help you on the tree but I don't advise replanting weeds in ur garden...I think you would live to regret that one some day.

PS: good luck with the new baby

Anonymous said...

I agree that the tree looks like an apple. We had three in the backyard before lightening got a couple and the other was continually damaged by Matt & Chris who tired of having to pick up the apples before mowing. Between the birds and the worms getting to the apples before we did, we never did get alot of good apples. Good luck. Stay off the cooler!