Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fun New Discovery

Last night we went exploring to a state park that is less than two miles from our home. We had heard that it had a marina where they have concerts on Saturday nights through the summer, so we decided to check it out. It seemed strange to find this huge recreational lake area so close to our home that we didn't know about. There were deer grazing all along the road to the marina. They seemed completely unaffected by the cars driving slowly by. That was definitely the most deer I have seen in one place. There were as many baby deer as adult too.


While Rob and I enjoyed sitting out close to the water and watching the boats pull in and out of the lake, the kids were bored so we only hung out there about 30 minutes. Their attitudes prompted a lenthy lecture by me entitled, "Enjoying the simple things in life." I think it was lost on them.


From there, we got back in the van and drove further into the park to find playgrounds, picnic areas, and a whole lot of beach. Only wading was allowed, no swimming, but when you're a kid, that becomes somewhat of a gray standard. Especially when you "accidently" fall down while "wading".
I have some cute video clips of this, but am having technical difficulties for some reason getting them from my phone to my computer. Check back and hopefully it will be fixed.

No comments: