Tuesday, July 8, 2008

An Exciting Discovery!

While they look like rasberries, they will soon darken into lovely blackberries.


Last night Alton noticed that we had a wild blackberry bush growing on the edge of our woods in the backyard. I was excited to see it and then as I began to recognize the bush, I realized that there are tons of them all along the fence line as well. That is so awesome because that is something I was going to spend money on and plant. I planted one bush in CO and after three seasons it had multiplied into 25 plants. That process is already well on it's way in my backyard now. There are at least 60 very large bushes running all over the place!

We were going to clear a lot of that stuff out, but now we'll have to be careful. I wonder if there's any wild strawberries or blueberries somewhere in there!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

mmmmm....just think of the jam you could make...and ship to Oklahoma and Colorado Springs....hint hint : ) In your spare time of course!! Maybe schedule that in after the 4 pm load : )