Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Little Laundress

The washer and dryer are here and how we are enjoying them. When you purchase them from a reputable store, they come with three men, carry them up your two flights of stairs, hook them up for you, and then explain to you how to use them!

Currently there is more laundry getting done at my house, than anywhere else in the state. There are three of us, that compete to do laundry at this point; yes three, the third being Alayna. It is not uncommon to walk past the laundry room and see this. She asked me how to operate the dryer and so I showed her.

It's funny because I wasn't sure what method we would use to replace our traditional laundry call that we have done now precisely at 4pm each day for three years. I bring the laundry from the basement to the family room. The kids sort the laundry by person on our sectional couch (each person had an assigned section of the sectional) and then are responsible for folding and putting away their own laundry and what we call "the community pile" which is towels etc... Obviously, it would not make sense to carry the laundry downstairs to the family room now only for all of us to bring it back up to our bedrooms and so I haven't quite figured out a plan.

In the meantime however, Alayna to the rescue. As soon as she hears the dryer chiming it's music she rushes up there and delivers everyone's clean clothes to their bedrooms. Her primary motivation is that she wants to put the wet clothes in the dryer so she can operate it. I realize this phase will probably not last forever, but it will buy me some time until I figure out where our new laundry call station will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this EXACT set! Only mine is gray!! Enjoy them!

Tricia said...

4 pm each day!!! That is the craziest thing I have ever heard!! Can I ship our over to you to do in your pretty red new set....love them!!