Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Family Bookaholic



Lately, Alayna holds that title. It started with the summer reading program. While the prizes offered were substandard to say the least, Alayna was driven by an unknown force to conquer the program and conquer it she did. She had read the required 25 books by the first part of July, but even having finished the reading program, she didn't stop there.

I can hardly keep her in library books. She loves to read and does so every spare chance she can get. Now if I can only get her to read something besides princess and fairy books. I have managed to branch her out to American Girl, Junie B. Jones, and some Magic Treehouse. Mostly, I am just glad she is reading. The picture above shows the books she finished this week. Actually, after the picture was taken she also finished "The Light Princess" by George McDonald which is a more challenging classic I "forced" her to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Alayna! I am extremely proud of you.

Papa

Anonymous said...

I love those tiny little feet sticking out from the big book in the first picture. (up in the top corner)

Mom