Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thankful for Grandparents

My Mom has been here for 10 days and a huge help the whole time. She cleaned, cooked, did untold loads of laundry, changed diapers and waited on me hand and foot when I needed it. Grandpa flew in to join her a couple of days ago and added a lot of fun to the house. Now their visit is winding to a close and I'll have to go it on my own. I can do it, but that doesn't mean anything will get done around here.

Yesterday, they took the older two on a field trip to Mount Vernon - George Washington's beautiful estate. I was grateful to be able to count a day of school without actually teaching!
Tomorrow we'll go to a Harvest Festival at a large farm before taking Grandma and Grandpa back to the airport. We'll be sad to see them go!

No comments: