Sunday, February 8, 2009

Not Your Ordinary 3 Year Old

Avery demonstrates how to enjoy your birthday cake in one big bite!


With the beautiful weather we had today. We couldn't keep ourselves inside. After church and lunch we all retreated to the backyard to enjoy some sunshine. A strange thing occured after about 15 minutes. Avery came down from the woods in our yard and said, "I need a nap." He went in the house. He does this from time to time telling us he is ready for his nap. Rob and I find it strange and delightful that we don't have naptime battles with him.

I watched him take himself into the house and figured Rob would put him down since he had stepped inside. A few minutes later Rob asked me where Avery was. "Didn't you put him down for a nap?" "No" was his response. A few minutes later I went upstairs and Avery was sound asleep in his bed. Wow, that was easy. Now if he will over get over the tantrums that have appeared a week after he turned three...

No comments: