Monday, February 16, 2009

Goodbye Faithful Lizzie Puppy

Almost 7 years ago, you showed up at our door. We weren't looking for a dog, we had two cats, but you quickly won our hearts and became one of the family as if you always had been.

Obedient, smart, energetic, great with the kids. We couldn't have asked for a better dog.

Lizzie we'll always remember how fun it was to take you on hikes and camping; how you could scale rocks with the best of them. We'll remember how high you could jump, how crazy you'd act when reunited with us after a trip, and what a loud bark you had. I'll always remember all the runs we had together and that a two year old Alayna once said that you had chocolate eyes.

We're sorry we failed you; that we didn't know the consequences of over-vaccination and the ridiculous cycle that follows. I explained to the kids that you were in heaven now with a brand new body. When I was little at church camp one year, the speaker said that our pets wouldn't be in heaven. I didn't care for that guy ever since. We'll believe you're up there whether it's true or not and that you're happy and not suffering anymore. We love you and we won't forget you...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you lost Lizzi. She was a sweetheart and you guys gave her a wonderful home and life. I think she'll be in heaven because I have a dog waiting there for me too.
MOM

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for all your losses right now Traci. May God be with your family as you grieve. Much love....

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your beautiful tribute to Lizzie.