Friday, March 20, 2009

The Monkey Eating a Banana


It's time for yet another story about Avery. Lately, you never know what is going to come out of his mouth!

While loading up the van yesterday, a construction worker working on the house next door was standing at the end of our driveway enjoying a banana. He was short, had brown hair, and tanned skin. I was juggling a baby and all the other things I seem to need to load in the car to go anywhere. I was distracted, but soon snapped out of it when I realized what Avery was saying very loudly,"I see a monkey eating a banana! I see a monkey eating a banana!" As there was no monkey, I realized he thought our little construction friend was a monkey. Horrified, that I too saw a slight resemblence, I shushed Avery in hopes that he had not heard. I quickly got in the van and left.

The van is not necessarily a place of refuge from Avery's mouth. We had to make a Burger King run today (yes we do that every now and then) because we were running late for Alton's guitar lesson as usual. While at the window waiting for our food Avery said of the lady working the window, "That old lady!" Yikes! I turned and gave Avery a be quiet stare and once again hoped that the comment was not heard by the recipient.

Okay, a quick Aubie update. He has good things coming in his mouth; two teeth to be exact. I just spotted them today. My last baby is growing up too fast!

No comments: