Sunday, March 1, 2009

You Be Robin

I was really hoping Avery would skip the whole super hero fascination thing, but as of about two weeks ago. He's started exhibiting all the signs and symptoms that I have already been through with Alton. I will say it was amusing the other day when he strutted into the library wearinghis Bibleman cape and all the librarians started pointing and giggling. Librarians giggling...that's not something you see everyday.

Most days he is Batman; which of course makes me Robin. Avery is the kind of kid that doesn't enjoy playing on his own. Since we're all home together each day he exhausts Alton and Alayna and so it often leaves me as a playmate. Not a real good choice considering how much I have to do to keep our lives running (notice I didn't say running smoothly). Anyway, I have learned that instead of putting him off saying I am busy, it is much easier to just go along with his game while multi-tasking. He will run up to me and say, "I am Batman. You be Robin." "Okay, what is our mission?" The mission most often involves "Puming" bad guys which is the word around our house for firing a large and dangerous weapon. I believe Avery coined it. Anyway, I will usually drop whatever I'm holding (unless it's Aubie) and take a couple of laps around the house "puming" with him. Then I tell him to go on the next mission alone while I "man the controls." In Mommy language that means get a few more things done while staying in one place. He is fine with this and off he goes.

I guess it's not all super heros. He often refers to me as R2D2. I don't play this role as well as Robin apparently because whenever I try to imitate R2D2 noises, he tells me to "Stop that!" Often he calls me clone Mommy. I always think to myself that we could use some clone mommies around this house. I think a lot more would get done and I could spend more time "puming."

No comments: